Rob
Rob, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  GM World Class Technician, Senior Master Subaru Technician, 18 years experience
9687792

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.

¡Hola, y bienvenidos Sólo a Respuesta!

Que pregunta hacen usted tiene. Sólo digo el inglés, pero yo usando a un traductor de Internet, tan perdóneme si algo parece extraño.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I HAVE ENGINE LIGHT IN MY CAR I PUT THE SCANNER AND THE SCANNER HAS THE CODE ( P0171 SYSTEM TOO LEAN (BANK 1) CAN U TELL ME TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO FOR FIXED THE PROBLEM?
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.

Here the circuit descpiption fromt he service manual.

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
Fuel trim refers to the feedback compensation value compared against the basic injection time. Fuel trim includes short-term fuel trim and long-term fuel trim.
Short-term fuel trim is the short-term fuel compensation used to maintain the air-fuel ratio at its ideal theoretical value. The signal from the heated oxygen sensor indicates whether the air-fuel ratio is RICH or LEAN compared to the ideal theoretical value, triggering a reduction in fuel volume if the air-fuel ratio is rich, and an increase in fuel volume if it is lean.
Long-term fuel trim is the overall fuel compensation carried out over the long-term to compensate for continual deviation of the short-term fuel trim from the central value due to individual engine differences, wear over time and changes in the usage environment.
If both the short-term fuel trim and long-term fuel trim are LEAN or RICH beyond a certain value, it is detected as a malfunction and the MIL lights up.

What you will be look ing for is a lean condition on the bank #1 side which is the side that has cylinders 1,3,5 (see below)

graphic

Things that will cause this are vacuum leak, low fuel pressure, stopped injector, or bad O2 sensor. You will need to determine what is causing the problem and repair it as needed.

If can help any further please let me know.