Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

1997 Oldsmobile: V6..Car starts..car stalls and electric windows

1997 Oldsmobile delta 88LS V6 3.8 engine. Car starts, when trying to excellerate car stalls and electric windows will not operate as this time. After an hour or so car will start normally and windows work. This happens about once a month.

Have already tried: tune up, new battery and fuel filters.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 8 years ago.
You definitely have a wiring problem. This is the type of problem that the average mechanic will have lots of trouble with because it is intermittent. I would start off by inspecting and cleaning all of my grounds. The start looking at the panel where the electric window fuse is. I would pull the fuse box and look behind it for shorts and bad connections. I would also check the panel where the fuel pump relay is in the same way. Check the fusible links and every fuse in the vehicle. Make sure the fuses are clean and tight. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.