Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Ford: I have a 1988 Bayliner..liter..drained..seperator

Customer Question

I have a 1988 Bayliner with a 2.3 liter Ford omc motor. about 14 months ago i got water in the fuel, drained it and left the water fuel seperator filter on the boat. I have cleaned out the fuel system, checked all starting and elec. , changed all oil and filters, and now it seems the motor is seized. What can I do? Is there a simple way to get the motor to turn? If there is can I expect problems later?    P.S. this motor was rebuilt about 1 year before my water/fuel incedent. Pleas any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  GM-Frank replied 8 years ago.

I owned a boat about 6 years back and I completely understand your frustration when stuff like this happens,

I too owned a bayliner back then.

Are you around salt water or fresh, and the big question was the fuel contaminated with salt or fresh water? I have a few Ideas you may be able to try, before you give up and replace the engine again.

Let me know