Dan, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  GM ASEP A.A.S. 14 years GM experience. Mark of Excellence and Professional Guild awarded.

2003 cadillac cts: with 6 disc changer in dash..saying cd mech error

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Caddillac CTS with 6 disc changer in dash. The radio on has static on all channels and the changer has 6 cd''s in them but an error kepts coming up saying cd mech error and will not let any cd''s be ejected, so this means i have no music in my car, please help! Thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately it sounds like an internal fault to the radio. The only fix would be to have the radio removed, sent out to a certified radio repair facility, have the CDs removed and send your radio back. Or get the part number from your radio, order a replacement radio and replace the radio while sending your old radio out and your CDs will be sent back to the dealer where you can then pick them up. These repairs need to be done at a GM dealer as the new radio would have to be programmed with operational software and calibrations downloaded using GM equipment.