JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

How do I replace the thermostat on 1998 Chevy Cavalier ...

How do I replace the thermostat on 1998 Chevy Cavalier and where is the thermostat located?
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing

I uploaded the Replacement procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. There is 2 in 1 PDF. You can download it by clicking HERE. The Thermostat is located to the Left side of the Exhaust Manifold inside the Thermostat Housing. Drain the Coolant, Remove the Radiator Hose attaching to the Housing, Remove the Bolts holding the housing on, then pull out the Thermostat. Be sure to pay attention to which way the little "button" is pointing on the Thermostat, as you will want to put the new one in the same way. Install the rest in the reverse order.
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to receive credit.)