supertech, mastertech
Experience:  ase master auto tech,triple chrys master tech,42 yr experinece,adv. level spec. ASE. HEV chrys spec.

1983 oldsmobile regency: the location of the fuel filter..mech

trying to find the location of the fuel filter on a 1983 oldsmobile regency. i''m not lost on car parts, and what they are called, i''m just having trouble locating it. a mech. when my wife got her tires changed said it was under the car, near the door, but i cant find it there, and believe it''s under the hood.

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX any other modle olds that it say on car?.

do you have a carb. or a throttle body on the engine?

What size engine do you have?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to supertech's Post: 1983 olds regency ninety eight. i believe carb. (if i take the air filter out, i can watch the fuel spray... youre the expert) and i know its not a 350... i think its a 307... or thereabouts. the engine is just slightly larger than my 305 crossfire in my 83 trans am

If it has a carb the fuel filter there two one in the carb where the fuel line go in and the other is in the fuel line just follow the line it right there 2-3 feet at most from carb.

Let me know.

Please push the accept button when were done.

thank you for choosing just answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i still cant find it... what does the thing the fuel filter is in look like?

All carburetors have a fuel filter in the carburetor body.To replace the filter element, remove the fuel inlet line,then remove the inlet fitting and pull out the filter element. Be careful when tightening the brass fitting because the threads are easily stripped.

This filter is about 1/2 inch id dia. and 1 inch long.If you have a in line filter it will be a metal can about 2 inch in dia. and 3 to 4 inch long it will have a line going in one end and one coming out the other end.some are threaded on the ends.some have short rubber hose on each ends with hose clamps.It could be any where along the fuel line from the tank to the carb.