Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My sliding door on my 2004 mercury monterey ...

Customer Question

My sliding door on my 2004 mercury monterey openes and closes. I turned off the "auto" to close the door and now it will not open at all. Disconnected the battery to reset. Didn''t work. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

First off you need to check for any restrictions in the door channel. There is a possible concern with the electronic latch within the door not catching nor relaesing. I recommend as a first step you reprogram both key fobs. Then try the reset procedure.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka-Moose)'s Post: What exactly is "key fobs"? I can not reset the door because it will not open at all after I closed it "manually".
The key fobs are the remote buttons which you use to remotely open the door locks and side doors.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I still can not get my door to do anything. taking it to the ford dealership.

Have you used a scan tool to pull any trouble codes from the module which controls the doors.