Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

how do i unlock my radio 98 cadillac deville

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.

Hi my name is John.

Have you call the dealer an ask them for the code number after pushing 1 and 3 2 and 4 you have to enter a code number.

Let me know.

Please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to supertech's Post: yes but they said i had to bring car in and give themm $100.00 plus dollars pushing those buttons done nothing at all some other site claimed it would give me a series of number and write them down and contact them with the numbers but that did not work
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.

You have to have the release code.

You might try the web site. freeautomechanic.com

I try an call a different dealer like chev.

that all i can tell you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to supertech's Post: i tried that also but it did not work everyone claims I have to take it to the dealer to get the car reprogrammed it has to be another way help !
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.
I can't help you i will pass you to someone else.
Expert:  RussMasterTech replied 6 years ago.

Hello Ray,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to try to assist you this evening.

Can you please let me know what message comes up on your radio?

If it says, "LOC", then I believe I can help.

I noticed you are pressing the wrong sequence of numbers.

You should turn the ignition on, and then press and hold the 2 and 3 buttons at the same time until you see 3 numbers come up. Once you see these three numbers, touch the am/fm button and then the next three numbers should come up. I need all 6 numbers to call the Delco Unlock hotline for you this evening.

Give a try and let my know if you can get the 6 numbers.

Thanks for your patience. I know this stuff can get frustrating.

Russ

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the radio says LOCKED-THEFT LOCK active
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to supertech's Post: thanks for your help if you find something out please let me know the radio sreen says locked-theft lock active.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to RussMasterTech's Post: no that did not work the radio says locked-theft lock active on radio sreen
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
If your radio has lost voltage or something of that nature, it will lock up. There is no way to unlock this radio without the dealer actually reprogramming it. See your car is advanced enough to actually check all modules at startup. Each module is actually programmed with your specific vin#. If the battery voltage is lost and the vin# XXXXX XXXXX you will have the problem you are having. The older model delphi radios could be unlocked by accessing a back up code within the system. Yours cannot. $100.00 seems excessive to me, I would check around to see if any other dealers would possibly do this cheaper. I wish I could tell you there was another way, but your dealer must actually input your vin# XXXXX the radio.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE CAR IN OR JUST THE RADIO .
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
The radio must be in the car to do this procedure. Basically what the dealer is going to need to do is hook your car up to a computer and submit your vin# XXXXX gm, gm will actually input the vin into your radio via the computer connection. I wish I could tell you there was a way to get away from the dealer, but as you can see the old style way of getting a backup code is not going to work on this unit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO IF YOU ARE RIGHT I WILL PAY YOU LET ME CHECK AROUND A LITTLE BIT . THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR QUIK RESPONSE GOD BLESS
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
Let us know how you make out! Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: SORRY IT DID NOT WORK AND DEALER WAS UNABLE TO UNLOCK RADIO THANKS ANY HOW.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
What did the dealer say about this problem? I know for a fact that there are only two ways to unlock these radios. The older models used a numeric code to unlock. The newer units like in your model needed to be programmed with the vin#. There is a point where these units can be set into a tamper mode which causes for serious trouble to unlock them. I am just wondering what the dealer stated about this problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I gave them the vin # XXXXX the vehicle it came out of and the said they could see it but the radio would not let them turn the light off so they could unlock it
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
ok so they stated that they could pull the vin out of the old radio, but not input your vin into the radio?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: WHEN THEY PUT THE CAR ON THE SCANNER OR WHATEVER THE MACHINE THEY USE,THEY INPUT THE VIN NUMBER INTO THE NEW RADIO AND THEY COULD NOT GET IT TO UNLOCK SO i GAVE THEM THE VIN NUMBER FOR THE CAR THE RADIO CAME OUT OF AND THEY INPUT THE INFORMATION AND SAID THEY COULD SEE THE THEFT LOCK ACTIVE ON THE RADIO BUT THEY COULD NOT GET IT TO TURN OFF SO I AM PULLING THE RADIO BACK OUT AND SHIPPING BACK TO THE COMPANY THAT I RECEIVED IT FROM.