TrevHelpsYou
TrevHelpsYou, Mechanic
Experience:  10 Years Salvage
9218099

the fuel gauge on my 2001 kia rio stopped working, is there ...

Customer Question

the fuel gauge on my 2001 kia rio stopped working, is there an easy fix or something i can do to get it working again?? the gauge has been stuck on full for a couple weeks now and i know its goen below that because i put $20 in it yesterday when it said full...
Category: Car
Expert:  TrevHelpsYou replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Trevor here.

MOre then likely you have a bad sending unit in the tank and it is sending a bad signal. Yes it is possibel that the printed circuit board in the dash is bad also but I feel less liekly. YOu can test teh unit and confirm if it is getting varied resistance or not befor removing it. If you do repalce the sending unit I suggest you do the pump at the same time.

Hope this helps. If so please click accept. If not then please let me know and I will try to help.