Bob, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  40 year GM Tech. +30 Certified. ASE Master Tech.(expired, retired) Medium Duty, Heavy Line, Retired

2008 CTS: the drivers seat back when the key is removed

My 2008 CTS automatically moves the driver''s seat back when the key is removed. How do I turn this "feature" off?
Category: Car
Expert:  Bob replied 8 years ago.

This is the only info I could find on it. Hope it helps.

Memory Seat Recall

If your vehicle has this feature, it allows you to select your preference for the remote memory seat recall feature.

Press the customization button until Memory Seat Recall appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the menu up/down button to scroll through the following settings:

Off (default): No remote memory seat recall will occur.

On: The driver's seat and outside mirrors will automatically move to the stored driving position when the unlock button on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) or keyless access transmitter is pressed. The steering column will also move on vehicles with the power tilt and telescopic steering feature.
No Change: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain.

To select a setting, press the set/reset button while the desired setting is displayed on the DIC.