wrench9124
wrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Certified, ASE Master Certified, 32 years exp, GM Hybrid Certified, GM Mark of Excellence
5720312

2003 envoy: climate control..do not blow any air..fans are working..ac

Customer Question

my 2003 envoy climate control unit dash vents do not blow any air. the fans are working with the heater and you can hear them work when the ac is on. I changed out the accuator that controls the gate. did the recalibration and the gate worked fine. When the unit was reinstalled the dash air still does not work. Any advice would help.
Category: Car
Expert:  wrench9124 replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JA!!!! i guessing you replaced the actuator on the left side of heater / ac case. if this is the case, did you replace the upper or lower actuator???
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
All actuators are working when I recalibrated the unit. The actuator did not cycle through the calibration. When the new one is plugged in it goes through the calibration and returns to floor/defrost When I put started the vehicle and switched the unit to dash It still will not work.
ok, you may need to have the system scanned for codes. if there is a code in the hvac module. it will go to a default status and will not allow the actuator to function. using a gm class two scan tool, you will be able to check the actuator. counts and positions.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The system has beed scaned for codes. No codes show up.
ok, was the sysytem scanned with a class two scan tool, that reads hvac control module for codes??? this is usually done with a gm tech 2 scan tool!!!!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You have not told me anything I Have not tried.