DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs Mechanic

1991 Chevy Caprice Classic: converter..spark plugs, and alternator

I have a 1991 Chevy Caprice Classic. My catalitic converter was cut off because it was clogged. I also replaced a starter., water pump, fuel line,spark plugs, and alternator. The car continues to cut off and I smell gas when I am driving. What could be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  DCM replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA.

You may want to check the coil pack of the car, and check for injectors leak, and do this inspection when engine is cold, because once the engine warms up, all the rubber and metal expands.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If this doesn't work, do I have to pay $9.00 again, or will you give me another answer?
Expert:  DCM replied 8 years ago.
No if my answer did not help you, then you are morethan wellcome to inform me and I will pass this topic to some other experts.