Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

97 buick lesabre: sluggish..the engine light came on..hood..leaking

Customer Question

My 97 buick lesabre began being sluggish and acting like it wanted to stop running around 50 miles per hour this morning then the engine light came on. I made to work and looked under the hood and nothing is smoking or leaking what could this be?
Submitted: 8 years ago via
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Hi there! I suggest having the check engine light scanned.It likley holds the key.Autozone will scan it at no charge.Once you have a code it will be much easier to proceed.Sounds like a missfire,but there is no real way to be sure without the code.Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it okay to drive it 15 miles to the autozone or do you think I might break down?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
That is a tough question.Was the check engine light flashing?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carguy1's Post: No it was just staying on
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Well this sort of puts me on the spot.I am not there to listen to the engine.I would say because the light isn't flashing you could drive it.It may just be a bad O2 sensor causing it to feel sluggish.Thanks for the accept!