Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

1996 Cadillac Deville: My climate control is stuck on Econ..right back

Customer Question

My climate control is stuck on Econ and when I try to put it back on auto it goes right back to econ in my 1996 Cadillac Deville. What can I do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
Your system is in default. Most of the time this is due to a low freon level in your AC system. You will need to have it checked by a shop that can check and diagnose auto temp system faults and repair AC systems.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Already did that and the freon is NOT the problem
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
Was the system scanned for faults?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ted G.'s Post: No
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
You need to have it scanned for faults since it is in default due to a syste error.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So basicly you are telling me to go to the dealer and get it checked out. I'm not sure what I am paying for.
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.

I wish there was some simple fix I could give you, but it is a Cadillac and it has some pretty sophisticated stuff in there. You don't have to get it to a dealer, but you do need to find a shop that can do that type of sophisticated testing.