Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
112340

2001 pickup: steering wheel..car pulling to the right..Brakes..tires

Customer Question

My L200 2001 pickup steering wheel is pulsing and makes the car pulling to the right. Brakes are checked and ok power steering fluid is ok. tires same and same wear and press checked. What could the problem be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Swap the front tires right to left and see if the pulling stops or goes the other way.If it does you need tires up front.If it doesn't the brakes may be to blame if it only happens during braking.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Q My L200 2001 pickup steering wheel is pulsing and makes the car pulling to the right. Brakes are checked and ok power steering fluid is ok. tires same and same wear and press checked. What could the problem be?

Answer-- Swap the front tires right to left and see if the pulling stops or goes the other way.If it does you need tires up front.If it doesn't the brakes may be to blame if it only happens during braking.

reply -- It pulls continously, and without braking . I will swap front tires tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thank you so far--Gerrit

Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
While you have the front in the air supported safely,start and stop the engine ten times with the wheels straight ahead.If the steering turns right the steering gear may be the problem.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your help Davo, the problem was solved with your advice. It seems that one of the drivers recently over inflated the L front tire . Then afterwards it was deflated again to 30 psi, however the tire already de-formed. When I swepped the tires on your advice, the problem became clear. You saved me money by avoiding taking the car to a repair shop. Thank you pal, good job! I will get back to you in the future in case of any problem. Best regards, Gerrit, ----- Aruba-----

Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
You are quite welcome.Have a great weekend.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
graphicThis is the car, I love to drive it again
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Very nice and clean condition.