DCM
DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs Mechanic
157834

I have a 1995 Jeep Grand cherokee Infinity Gold Radio with ...

I have a 1995 Jeep Grand cherokee Infinity Gold Radio with CD that has stopped producing sound. Have switched out amplifier and the radio itself, and still no sound. Help please. thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  DCM replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA

What I need you to do is double check the wirings specialy the speaker wires, and look on the amplifier if it is not on the safe mode, because if there is issue on the wiing amp switch to safe mode.

If all the wirings are certainly good, then remove the speaker connector, and have a nine volts battery handy, connect one wire on tpostive of the battery and one to the negative, remove the connector separate from the radio unit, and probe all the speaker wires and find the match, the battery will produce a noticiable tap sound on the speakers, if you don't hear any sound, go to the amp and test the wires of the speaker by passing the amp, by doing this test it will give you the idea which area of the wiring has issue, from the radio unit to amp, amp to speaker.

Good Luck