JOES SHOP
JOES SHOP, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH 30+ YRS FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS AND TRANSMISSION REPAIRS.
9638808

Jaguar S type: rough..10 seconds..engine is cooler the car idles fine

I have an 02 Jaguar S Type 4.0 that has a rough idling problem. This problem only occurs after running the car for about ten minutes and after the engine warms up.   It is then it has a noticable slight stalling action (but doesn''t stall) that occurs about every 10 seconds. Up until that time when the engine is cooler the car idles fine.
Category: Car
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 9 years ago.
When your car is cold the engine will idle higher and recieve more fuel from the injectors. As it warms up the computor brings the idle down and leans out the air to fuel ratio. You will notice a missfire much more when it is warm. I would start by giving it a good tune. New plugs, filters, etc. and add some injector cleaner. If that dosen,t do the trick you will need to isolate the miss. Try the basics first. Thanks, Joe