OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic
9051600

2002 Subaru: WRX..a Turbo X Blow off valve and an AEM Cool air intake

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Subaru WRX with a Turbo X Blow off valve and an AEM Cool air intake. My car is currently getting half (or even less) the power that it should be getting and the blow off valve does not seem to be working right- it''s not funtioning as fast as it should be and not making the noise it normally makes. My car feels scary slow right now. I tried taking the Blow off valve off and cleaning it a little and spraying carb cleaner all over it but it didn''t do anything. Maybe there is a leak somewhere?
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Do you have a Turbo XS or a Turbo X blow off valve?

Also is this a open or recirculating valve?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's a Turbo X and to your second point, I am not sure. If I take the plug off the blow off valve it's still sucking like a vaccum. Maybe not strong enough though because as the piece in the Blow off valve lifts up with the suction when I hit the gas, it doesn't come all the way up and it's slower then it should be

Has this problem started when you changed your BOV, or did it run good with the BOV and just started recently. It sounds like you have a vented BOV (non recirculation).

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You have not been any help
Expert:  eric replied 8 years ago.
ha luke its making a unnormal sound?raise rpm, and put your hand around bypass valve, and i bet you need to replace gasket
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How do I get my deposit back?
Expert:  eric replied 8 years ago.
u still got the top mount right? check the gasket on turbo xs blow off valve, and check the hoses the bottom hose is probably ur problem. it either rubbed a hole thru or its cracked. if u agree press accept. thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
HOW

DO

I

GET

MY

MONEY

BACK

??????????????????????

Luke, you have not answer my information request. I have been waiting for quite a while for you to replay and I have not gotten a replay to the original information request.

"Has this problem started when you changed your BOV, or did it run good with the BOV and just started recently. It sounds like you have a vented BOV (non recirculation)."

I will submit a refund request and I will opt out of this question.

Expert:  eric replied 8 years ago.

good luck with your wrx

A refund has been requested and is in-progress. You will get your money back.