Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

2001 Isuzu Trooper: check engine light..engine light comes..2000 rpm

2001 Isuzu Trooper check engine light comes on and blinks only when engine is reved over 2000 rpm and at time will come on solid while driving. Was told the fuel pump was bad causing a lean mixture but found the filter was plugged. Still did not correct light after a reset. (Possible fuel pressure regulator?) Help!
Hi there!Do you have the codes?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not have the car with me nor the codes.
OK.What you are describing may be a bad mass air flow sensor.Other then vaccum leaks,it is the most common cause of the lean fuel mixture code.The codes are usually P0171 and P0174.If these are the codes you have,you might want to try it.The other possability is the front A/F sensors or the rear O2 sensors.If they have a scan tool they should be able to read the signals from those and determine if they are bad or not.Hope this helps!Thanks