OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic

Cadillac: radiator..a gallon of antifreeze daily, I checked for leaks

I just had a new radiator and a resovior installed in my 1999, cadilliac, northstar,but I have to put in a gallon of antifreeze daily, I checked for leaks in other places, non found. No water or antifreeze is under the car or on the ground. When driving the car it run a little hot, even tho, it't full of antifreeze. Where is the fluid going? You gave me trhe answer about the heavy black smoke, the car started smoking really bad until I added some water. I put in a gallon. Two gallons within an hour. Again where is trhis fluid going?
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

If you are loosing fluid that rapidly and you are experiencing smoke from the exhaust. Then your car is burning the coolant, some common places where coolant can get mixed in and burned would be the headgasket and the plenum gasket.