Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division

saturn: 2008 my floor board..time of sale I have 90 day warranty

Purchase a certified use saturn on saturday april 27, 2007 this is now may !, 2008 my floor board is full of water coming up from the bottom of this car has clean car fax. Do I have a grace period on this car I feel may have flood damage was told no when question ask at time of sale I have 90 day warranty. What are my recourses.
Category: Car
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer if the floor was dry and now is wet,it does not indicate the car was flood damaged. If it has rained or the car was washed since you took possession,it would be wet due to a water leak into the car . It can come in from an opening in a weatherstrip seal,or a clogged cowl drain. The dealer would have to spend some time to locate and repair the leak. This would require the car be left there. They may or may not have a loaner policy at the dealer, or the warranty may have a rental clause in it. You should give them a chance to repair the problem,it you are not satisfied with the results,you will have to ask that the vehicle be taken back. I am sure you bought the car from them because it was a certified used car,they should honor the contract. Good luck, I hope you can get the problem resolved,Jerry.