JOES SHOP, ASE Certified Technician

my 2001 rodeo isuzu rodeo transmission will not engage ...

my 2001 rodeo isuzu rodeo transmission will not engage when the shifter is switched from park to any other gear position. During a routine oil change, I noticed the oil filter, radiator hose, and the rest of the engine in general felt unusually hot. Once I changed the oil, I tried to drain a little oil from the oil pan. I removed the pan plug and no oil drained. I also thumped the oil pan and it sounded hallow and empty.
Category: Car
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 8 years ago.
Jason, I need a little clarification. You changed the engine oil correct? And the engine seemed hotter than usual. Then you tried to drain some oil from the engine oil pan or transmission pan? Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to JOES SHOP's Post: out of the b oil pan, not transmission pan. I think the trans is out.
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 8 years ago.

Jason, the tranny pan has a plug in it that is recessed. It is like a cone, so when the plug is removed you should not loose but a small amount of fluid. The transmission is filled through this hole. You fill it untill fluid comes out over the top of the cone. Check this and let me know. Also did the vehicle run and drive good before your oil change, or has there been some problems? When you pulled the tranny plug did you notice any odor from the transmission fluid? Thanks, Joe

If you feel I have been of some help please click on accept so I may be paid. Any bonuses are also greatly appreciated. (We can still continue this question even after you click accept). Thanks again, Joe