Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

2007 Subaru Forester: clicking noise..the shift console..dealership

I purchased a loaner 2007 Subaru Forester 12/31/07. In the past month I have expereniced a clicking noise (like a small solid ball rolling and hitting the front of the console) in the shift console when coming to a stop. I took the car into the dealership for this problem and this is the answer I received. CONFIRMED NOISE ON ROAD TEST WITH CUSTOMER - REMOVED SHIFT CONSOLE - FOUND SHIFT LOCK ACTUATOR MOVING ON ACCEL AND DECEL. TEST DROVE ANOTHER IN STOCK FORESTER - HAS SAME CONDITION -DEEMED NORMAL - NO REPAIR MADE.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
If they had any brains they would have put a small piece of foam where it touches and you would no longer have the problem. But I'm sure if Subaru hasn't sent them a bulletin telling them to do it, they couldn't figure it out Undecided