Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

My drivers side window wont rollup it is power window.

My drivers side window wont rollup it is power window. the passangers side goes up and down
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
Can you hear the motor running in the door?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ted G.'s Post: i am not sure
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
Well, it might not make a difference anyway because I think that your window motor and regulator come as one piece. The proper procedure to diagnose is listen for the motor running when the button is pushed up or down. If the motor runs that means the wiring and switch are good. In that case you need a regulator, which may come with a motor also. If the motor doesn't run, then the door panel has to come off and you check for power at the motor- if there is power there you need a motor (which probably comes with a new regulator also. If there is no power to the motor then the switch is mot likely bad. It is not a power supply issue like a fuse or circuit breaker because your passenger side still works. One quick thing to try if you can't hear the motor run. Hold the switch to either up or down and slam the door. Sometimes this will jump start the motor and make it work for a while, but it will stop again soon.