Frank
Frank, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,25 with GM,14 ASE certifications,
1816887

My heater only blows hot air and works..speeds..resistor..blower motor

Customer Question

My heater only blows hot air and works on all fan speeds. I was told there was a resistor that goes occasionally which causes this problem. I know that there is one for the blower motor, is there one on the heater (temperature) also and if so its location please and how to replace it? Thanks all
Category: Car
Expert:  Frank replied 8 years ago.
The blower motor has a resistor-the air temp blend doors are controled electrically ( a air blend door)except on the sunfire.You did not stated if you have electronic climate control- but start by looking to see if yours is cable operated,if not odds are a actautor went bad-but you need a scanner to see the actautor postion and if you can get a tech 2 you can bypass the hvac module and command the actuator.