Cost to have a new oil pan gasket installed on a 2003 chevy impala

What should it cost to have a new oil pan gasket installed on a 2003 chevy impala
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Is this a 3.4 or a 3.8 engine? Do you know what the labor rate is at in your area?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it $15.00 a question as I have already submitted $15.00 and a $5.00 tip.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: It is a six cylinder so I believe it is a 3.8 but I am unsure as my paperwork is in the car and they have my car. I am not at home with access to car information.

Strauss gets $85.00 an hour.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Ok thanks for that info. I understand your frustration. It is a bit more expensive to do this procedure on a 3.4 so this is what I will quote you on just to be safe. The gasket from gm pt#10182387 is priced at $64.66. Labor for this procedure calls for 4.6 hours. So at you labor rate with parts and labor this repair should have been done for $455.66. I would also figure you would have needed an oil change. I would figure $30.00 would be in the ball park. That would bring this repair to $485.66. As far as the cracked oil pan goes, they should have seen that when they had the pan down. I am not too sure of the company you are dealing with, but this is a serious fault on their part. I would be mostly concerned with bolts being loose and the drain plug being loose. If this was a reputable shop, this would not happen. There are specs that all of these items should be tightened to. If they overtightened the pan they could have damaged it. I would speak with management about this problem to see if they are willing to work with you. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: As you have verified the cost of the oil pan and I know the labor cost per hour I will not be asking anymore question. Please disregard my last request as I feel $15.00 a question is too expensive. I am waiting for my cousin to get home from work as I cannot get my car back anyway and I will get any answers I need at that time. You answered the most important one for me at this time and I appreciate your answer. I do not need to spend any more money at this time as I have to have the job done anyway.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
I understand your feeling. I would see if the repair facility is willing to work with you at all. This is atleast negligence on their part for not seeing the crack originally. You have paid $500.00 and still have no resolution. Possibly see if they may allow for you to buy the pan and they cover the labor. That would be something to try. Good luck to you!! I hope it all works out!