Gary, service management
Experience:  35 years automotive service experiance at dealership level

My vehicle loses power sometimes and also shakes when I..50 miles

My vehicle loses power sometimes and also shakes when I get to around 50 miles an hour. What could this be?
You could have a plug wire or plug breaking down. I would begin there. Let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Gary's Post: I changed the spark plugs and wires on 1/04/08.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Gary,Thanks for responding. I also changed the MAF sensor and oxygen sensor, but I still get the same result. Could you list a few components the would cause this decrease in performsnce. Thanks
OK. how about restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump. Can you check fuel pressure? Let me know. Does the shake seem like engine shake/vibration or possibly something else.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Alright, the vibration shakes the whole car and the car suddenly loses acceleration or HP. When you push the gas, it gives hesitations. Even when you're stopped it shakes. Sometimes, I get scared cause I think the car might break down. I also noticed that when you turn the car off, the problem seems to disappear. I also changed the fuel filter, air filter and changed the oil on 1/04/08, when I purchased the vehicle. I'm currently learning mechanics, by myself, so I don't yet know how to check the fuel pump pressure.
You will need a mechanicl gauge to check fuel pressure at fuel rail. After this happens and you try will it restart ok?