Gary
Gary, service management
Experience:  35 years automotive service experiance at dealership level
9625962

1998 Mazda Millenia: the car, parked..car wont start..belts..squeaking

My 1998 Mazda Millenia wont crank up. I was driving the car, parked in the drive way and now the car wont start. The only 2 things that were done to the car prior to ot not starting was (1) I had my belts lubricated because they were squeaking by a mechanic.(2) I poured a 20oz coke on the battery to rid it of corrosion. When trying to start the car it sounds as if the car is out of gas. The tank has a half tank, I thought it was the fuel pump because I couldn''t hear it turn on. I replaced the pump and the car still wont start. The lights,radio and car alarm still work but,could me pouring too much coke on the battery ruined it, or be the cause of my problems?
I do not think the coke caused this no start. If the car is turning over There is a fuel pump relay that could be out. Under the hood there should be a relay panel. See if the relays are identified and try exchanging it with another like relay. Let me know if this helps. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The car is not turning over, when I try to start it turns as if it wants to start. It sounds as if it is out of gas. I check the fuel pump relay and still no luck. Could it be the timing belt?
POSSIBITY. ARE YOU SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE BAD FUEL HAVE YOU HAD FUEL PRESSURE CHECKED AT FUEL RAIL? LET ME KNOW
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I dont think it is bad fuel I have been on the same tank of gas for the past 2 days. I just got it towed to Auto Zone and they ran a diagnostic test which revealed a bad crank shaft sensor also 2 fuses which are not working, I am going to get those replaced and see what happens.
Let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It was the crank sensor, It running again. Thanks for the different ideas and things to check let help to lead me in a good direction.