AutoAnswerMan
AutoAnswerMan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Technician, ASE L1 Advanced Engine Performance, ASE Service Consultant,
7074394

EMERGENCY HOOD RELEASE CABLE ON A 1998 PORSCHE BOXSTER?

WHERE AND HOW DO I GET TO THE EMERGENCY HOOD RELEASE CABLE ON A 1998 PORSCHE BOXSTER?
Category: Car
Expert:  AutoAnswerMan replied 8 years ago.

I am working on your answer.......

Are you speaking of the cable to the left of the driver seat on the door jam?

When you say the (emergency cable) are you talking about the cable to the left of the drivers seat near the door board?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to AutoAnswerMan's Post: NO THE BATTERY IS DEAD AND THE NORMAL RELEASE DOES NOT WORK. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT THERE IS AN EMERGENCY RELEASE UNDER THE RIGHT HEADLIGHT WITH A CABLE WITH A LOOP AT THE END. I DONT KNOW IF THIS MEANS DRIVER OR PASSENGER SIDE AND HOW DO I GET TO IT BECAUSE I CANT SEE ANYTHING WHEN I LOOK UNDER THE CAR.
You need to remove the front bumper.Unscrew both fastening nuts to the lid motor and take out the retaining strip.Disconnect the electrical plug connection. Unscrew the fastening screws and disengage the cable. A pull on the cable should open the lid.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE EASIER WAY TO RELEASE THE HOOD?

You could try using a small rod , make a hook on the end, and then reaching up between the bumber and the chassis to grab the cable and pull down to release the lid.