2002 buick Rendezvous: The high beam light stays..low beam

Customer Question

I have a 2002 buick Rendezvous. the battery goes dead over night. The high beam light stays on all the time even when the car is off and the lights are on low beam. Where should I look for the problem
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

There are a few places a problem like this could be created. The most common would be the High beam relay in the underhood fuse block. This relay is labeled as HDLP HI-BEAM relay #56. If this relay is stuck it would allow for the problem you are having. There are other items that could cause for this and they would be the turnsignal/dimmer switch, or the wiring from this switch to the relay. There are some wiring tests that could be done, but you will need a voltmeter to do them. Here is a wiring schematic so that you can see how the system is wired. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!

Object Number: 868736  Size: FS

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: Where is the body control module. The relays seem fine
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

The body control module is located underneath the center console.

Object Number: 771828  Size: SH