RussMasterTech
RussMasterTech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years of GM Dealership experience. ASE Master with L1 and GM Master Certified.
9377736

1995 oldsmobile cutlass Ciera: turn signals..Fuses..steering column

The turn signals on my 1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Ciera just stopped working. Fuses are all good, Hazard flashers work fine. I have looked under dash behind steering column and behind the glove box and still cannot locate the Flasher. Is there a flasher on this car? or is the flasher a part of the signal switching unit in the steering column?
Category: Car
Expert:  RussMasterTech replied 8 years ago.

Hello.

Mitchell On Demand shows the turn signal flasher above the gas pedal clipped to a metal bracket. I couldn't find a diagram of it for you though.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Russ

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Russ, I just dropped the panel above the gas pedal and there is no flasher or anything that looks like a flasher clipped to a metal bracket. There is a hard plastic unit about 1" square with 4 lead wires attached to it, but it doesn't resemble a flasher. Got any other suggestions? A parts guy said he thought that it was part of the signal switch on the steering column. That doesn't sound right to me.

Norm Jack

I'm doing some more research for you. If I can't find anything for you tonite, I'll check my resources at the shop tomorrow.

Russ

Here's the schematic for the turn signals. As you can see, the turn signal flasher is supposed to have a pink and a purple wire going to it. If you can't find the flasher, trace the wiring to it.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Russ

graphic

I double checked at the shop today, and the Cutlass Cierra manual, and the parts diagram all show the flasher clipped to the bracket that the gas pedal is mounted to.

Try tracing the wires like I suggested before, and let me know.

Thanks again,

Russ