roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

1989 928 s4: porsche..alarms..No sparks, but the ignition relay is OK

Customer Question

I have a Porche 1989 928S4. Recently I am getting crazy false alarms and coincidently I can not start the car. No sparks, but the ignition relay is OK. Ther''s no alram LED flashing though. Can the alarm sneakily works against giving the ignition relay no coil current? Can you help with the alarm wirings to see if it indeed is the case?
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,Most likely the anti-theft relay is going bad.It is inside the center console under the radio.Should be able to pull side carpet from console to get to it.If not you have to pull console up enough to retrieve it.when the contact points wear it will somtimes stick and through voltage to the alarm module cutting ignition.Try that first.thanks for your question.Roger
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Roger, Thnsk. Is the alarm console a Porche component? What is the Part Number? And do you have the wiring diagram? I'd like to know if the alarm is activated(falsely), what exactly are being disabled?

Zomo
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
I am not sure on a part number.I dont have that wiring diagram.But if you will go to 928gt.com and email wally he may have the part and diagram for you.Roger