OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic

Runs rough..stalls..winshield wiper fluid, and coolant, he said

My car sometimes runs rough for a few seconds and then stalls while driving, other times it will not start at all. There is no problem with the car losing power, only the engine cuts out. This problem did not start occuring until my friend topped off my power steering fluid, winshield wiper fluid, and coolant, he said that the coolant was filled to the very top because he could not see the level. I noticed the other day when my car wouldn't start and I tried to turn it over that the display read P - - - - DONE. I have taken it to Aamco and had them run a diagnostic on it, no luck. What do you think my problem could be?
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 8 years ago.

From the sounds of it, you have a bad cam or crank sensor. You should go to a shop that can read sensor output signals. This not only scans for trouble codes but it all check your sensor's operation. Due to the fact that it does not happen all the time it could be that the sensor is board line, however if you run a test on the sensor they should be able to pick up which one is going out.