CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN

chevy s10: box can u help me as to how i would go about this

Hi I have a little chev s10 pick up and i want to make a utility trailer out of the box can u help me as to how i would go about this?
Thanks for using Just Answer

So you basically want to trash the rest of the truck and just use the box for a trailer is this correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes you are correct
OK well I don't know how skilled you are but I will list the things that need to be done.

These are the things that will need to be removed from under the bed:
1) Fuel tank and hoses
2) Driveline
3) Brake lines and hoses
4) Wiring (unless you want to make it so you can use the trailer lights, then you will want to keep the wiring for the lights)

After you have everything removed, then you need to cut the frame (usually a cutting torch is the easiest to use) between the bed and the cab. Make sure to make a clean, straight cut. After that you will need to weld on some type of toungue. You should be able to find one from an old trailer somewhere or from a trailer catalog. Then if you want lights, just wire them up for whatever style of plug you use.

Let me know if you need anything else.