JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

I purchased a refurbished AC comp but need instructions..diagram

i purchased a refurbished AC comp but need instructions on removal / reinstall / and a diagram as well
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing

I'm already sure that you know that the A/C System is pressurized, so you really should take it to an a/c shop to at least have it discharged properly. This does not cost that much, and you'll be helping save the ozone.
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, remove the Belt.
Then on top of the A/C Compressor, remove the lines via ratchet and socket, then remove the mounting bolts, and the compressor comes right off.

Remove the caps and replace the lines. Then you will need to fill it with freon. The best way again, is to have a shop do this part also. But. If you want to do it yourself, there are a few things you want to keep in mind. Read below.

* Do not release refrigerant into the air. Use approved recovery/recycling equipment to capture the refrigerant every time an air conditioning system is discharged.
* Always wear eye and hand protection (goggles and gloves) when working with any refrigerant or air conditioning system.
* Do not store or heat refrigerant containers above 52°C (125°F).
* Do not heat a refrigerant container with an open flame; if container warming is required, place the bottom of the container in a warm pail of water.
* Do not intentionally drop, puncture, or incinerate refrigerant containers.
* Keep refrigerant away from open flames: poisonous gas will be produced if refrigerant burns.
* Refrigerant will displace oxygen, therefore be certain to work in well ventilated areas to prevent suffocation.
* Do not pressure test or leak test HFC-134a (R-134a) service equipment and/or vehicle air conditioning systems with compressed air during repair. Some mixtures of air and R-134a have been shown to be combustible at elevated pressures. These mixtures, if ignited, may cause injury or property damage. Additional health and safety information may be obtained from refrigerant manufacturers.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to receive credit.)