Fuhrmeister, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 years experience as a mechanic. Everything except A/C systems.

2003 Dodge dakota: with 87,000 miles on it..electrical all worked

I have a 2003 Dodge dakota with 87,000 miles on it. I went to start it last nite and the electrical all worked but it would not turn over. I went to start it this morning and it did start. Is it possible that this is the start of the fuel pump going? There was also a lot of rain yesterday-could moisture just have built up somewhere to cause it to not start?
Category: Car
Expert:  Fuhrmeister replied 8 years ago.

Yes moisture can cause the ignition system to temporarily not work. It shouldn't be happening though. There just must be a bad seal on something in the ignition system. I would wait and see if it happens again or more frequently. Hope this helps. If this information was helpful please click the accept button.