westrope65
westrope65, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE
8635606

1995 Audi 90: To change a heater core..dash have to be removed

Customer Question

To change a heater core in a 1995 Audi 90 does the dash have to be removed completely. IF not how do I change it.
Category: Car
Expert:  westrope65 replied 9 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Justanswer.com

more than just the dash has to be removed. Here is a short list for the instrument and dash notice all the connections to other parts to be removed. If you decide you need this I will need some time to get it all together in one post.

Instrument panel, removing and installing

1. Cover
2. Hex-bolt (4x) 5 Nm (44 in lb)
3. Self-tapping screw
4. Hex-bolt 5 Nm (44 in. lb)
5. Hex-nut Remove radio to remove nut

Removing

CAUTION: Before disconnecting the battery, determine the correct coding for the anti-theft radio.

Disconnect battery Ground strap at battery.

Remove parking brake lever trim, refer to Body and Frame/Interior Trim/Console/Service and Repair See: Console\Service and Repair

Remove rear center console, refer to Body and Frame/Interior Trim/Console/Service and Repair See: Console\Service and Repair

Remove front center console, refer to Body and Frame/Interior Trim/Console/Service and Repair See: Console\Service and Repair

Remove passenger side cover, refer to Body and Frame/Trim Panel/Service and Repair See: Trim Panel\Service and Repair

Remove driver's side knee bar, refer to Restraint Systems/Knee Diverter/Service and Repair See: Restraint Systems\Knee Diverter\Service and Repair

Disconnect harness connectors, refer to Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/Instrument Panel/Service and Repair See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators\Instrument Cluster / Carrier\Service and Repair

Remove instrument cluster, refer to Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/Instrument Panel/Service and Repair See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators\Instrument Cluster / Carrier\Service and Repair

Installing

Slightly screw in bolts on side and below.
Align instrument panel.

Distance from windshield should be approx. 7 mm (1/4 in) .

Adjust instrument panel height to contour of door trim panels (with door closed) and tighten bolts to 6 Nm (53 in lb)

hope this helps.______________
PLEASE CLICK ON "ACCEPT" IF I WAS HELPFUL-OR IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE JUST ASK, THANKS