roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

1999 Chevy Blazer: cranking..kick..This only happens when it rains

I''m constantly having problems with my 1999 Chevy Blazer not starting when it rains. After cranking on it until the battery is almost dead, it will usually kick over. This only happens when it rains. Some friends think its the sparkplugs and wires that may be letting moisture in and not allowing it to fire. Does this sound right? What could be a common thing that would cause this?
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,It is very possible the distributor cap has a small hairline crack letting in moisture.I would change the cap and rotor,plugs,wires.It is also possible the coil is letting in moisture from a crack.You have cam and crank sensor also but do the tune up first since it is the less expensive.Roger