SuperDave Auto
SuperDave Auto, ASE Master Auto and Truck Tech
Experience:  25+ Years Shop Owner; Ase Master Tech

2002 jeep liberty sport: it backing..mile..driving along

Customer Question

I own a 2002 jeep liberty sport. This morning it stalled out on me backing out of my driveway. Then about a mile up the road, I was driving along and all the dials went down and it almost did it again. I drove back home, but when I turn it on now, the engine light is on. It idles fine. Is there something I can check before taking it in?
Category: Car
Expert:  SuperDave Auto replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately, step one is to try and duplicate the problem and read the computer codes with an appropriate scanner. So, probably you will have to take to a shop. I would be more than happry to walk through the diagnostic steps with you if you get the codes read for me.

Good Luck. Please hit the ACCEPT button. Also, if I have been helpful, pleaseleave positive feedback. This is how we are judged. Thank You. Dave