roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty

peugeot: hesitation..I push down on the accelerator..sluggish..hill

Hi I have a Peugot 106 and for the last couple of weeks there has been progressively more hesitation when I push down on the accelerator. It is also very sluggish, particularly when moving off from stopping and up hill, although even when driving at greater speed, when I change gears it is very slow to react.
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,It really sounds like you have symptoms of a weak fuel pump.If the pressure is low the injector spray pattern is erratic resulting in low power.Need to have the pressure checked at the fuel rail with a gauge to determine correct pressure of 40psi or better at an idle.Thanks for your question.roger