Donny
Donny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Over 25 years working in Chrysler dealers, Top tech DaimlerChrysler 1998
8425921

Chrysler 300 c: power steering pump..3 sets of tires it has 36

Customer Question

I own a chrsler 300 c and it needs tyerods inner. I also replaced the power steering pump and went through 3 sets of tires it has 36,662 miles I understand there is a national back order on the inner tyerods. So what now?
Category: Car
Expert:  Donny replied 8 years ago.

Hello

The inner tie rod ends are on back order, if you are having your dealer do this for you and you fell that the car is unsafe to drive you should request that they replace the steering rack assembly which comes with the tie rods already on it, if they will not do it for you, in the paper work that originally came with the car there is a 1-800 phone number for the Chrysler hotline, call them and tell them what is happening with your 300 and that you do not fell that it should be driven with loose tie rods that in most states would cause it to fail a safety inspection, ask them to help you to get this concern resolved so you can continue to use your 300, they will then call your dealer and hopefully get the problem resolved to your satisfaction, they want you to be happy so you will purchase another Chrysler product when the time comes

I hope that this helps you

If you need more information or help just let me know

thank you

Donny