Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

2004 lincoln LS: V8..ac vents but above the radio have come..plastic

I have a 2004 lincoln LS V8. the status buttons on the middle consol below the ac vents but above the radio have come loose on one side. how do i remove the plastic panel to get to the backside to repair the buttons. it appears the center panel is in 3-4 sections.

You want to remove the center console in the numerical shown in diagram below(on the top vents use a pick to pull the vent assembly out-shown in 2nd diagram):

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: the bottom picture is exactly the piece I want to remove but I'm sorry I don't understand how to remove it. do I just pull the piece from the vent? do I pull it until it comes loose? can I brake it if I don't do it right? do I need to pry it up or out? I appreciate your reply but could you clarify it a liitle more. thank you

When you pry it outward, the whole vent assembly should come out as a unit. If you catch it at the bottom witha pick, it shouldnt break as you are catching a solid piece