FixItMan, Master Technician

2000 buick: starts, it may run good

I have a 2000 buick lasabor, with 3800 motor, in damp conditions, in temp of 20 to 50 the motor will turn over but not start. The fuel pump is pumping , I pulled all the wires off the coils and have spark coming off all, I have had it towed to a dealer twice, the ride must dry something out, or shake something lose, anyway it starts, it may run good for two weeks or two days, I do not know what to do any suggestions, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX pa
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer have you noticed if the security light is flashing when the vehicle does not start?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not know what you are talking about when you say security light??, but I see no lights on or flashing on the dash, let me know
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
When you turn the key on there should be a light that either says security or antitheft on the dash. I wanted to know if this light flashes while cranking the engine when the car does not start.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, no lights flash that say security or anit . what else??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
to be sure, when I turn the key to the on positon the security light comes on but when I try to start the engine no lights are on,
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
The light would not be on during normal conditions. I was checking to see if it was flashing when you had starting problems. This would indicate a security system issue that can cause a no start condition. You may have to wait until the vehicle will not start to see if this light is flashing during cranking. If it is then you may have a bad sensor in the security system.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the light does NOT flash when cranking, The vehicle has not started in 6 days, that is why I am here,
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
Okay. Then you need to try adding some starting fluid into the engine to see if it will start then. If it does then we know it is a fuel system problem. You may have low fuel pressure or a preoblem with the fuel injectors not firing.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX engine started today after a cool dry wind blew last night so I will have to wait until the next time it is damp and will not start to try your last answer, how will I be able to get back to YOU the next time? because there will be a next time but I do not know when, or what can I do if it does not start and I try the startig fluid and it works, does that mean it is a low fuel pres caused by dampness??
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
If the problem is mostly related to dampness I would look more into a bad ignition module or a faulty ignition module. It may even be related to the cam sensor. In order to see if it is the fuel system you may need to install a fuel pressure tester when this happens. If there is no fuel pressure then look into a bad pump. If there is fuel pressure and the injectors are not firing then look into the sensors I mentioned. When this happens again just come back to this question and reopen it. If that is no longer available you can put in a new question and request me.