SuperDave Auto
SuperDave Auto, ASE Master Auto and Truck Tech
Experience:  25+ Years Shop Owner; Ase Master Tech

1998 Lincoln town car: jump..shifting..overdrive..serviced..20k miles

My 1998 Lincoln Towncar seems to jump back and forth slightly when shifting, especially when the overdrive engages. It has 180K on the odometer.The transmission was serviced about 20k miles ago, 1.5 years. The problem started recently.
Category: Car
Expert:  SuperDave Auto replied 8 years ago.

Most likely you have a torque converter that is going bad. Make sure to check fluid level and make sure full. If not, fill and recheck for jumping. If persistes, next step to have transmission codes read and scan transmission run data for problems. Probably needs to go back to transmission shop. Hope you got more than a 1 year warranty. Sorry. Dave

Good Luck. Please press ACCEPT. Also, If I have been helpful, please leave positive feedback. This is how we are judged. Thank You. Dave.