Donny
Donny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Over 25 years working in Chrysler dealers, Top tech DaimlerChrysler 1998
8425921

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee: 60,000 miles..car battery

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 60,000 miles. When set, the alaram will go off by itself several hours later...some say I need a new car battery...heeellllppppp! I need some sleep....
Category: Car
Expert:  Donny replied 6 years ago.

Hello

If the battery voltage falls while the Jeep is parked the alarm may self activate, the battery that was installed in the Jeep at the factory is a three year battery, so if your battery is the original it may be starting to fail, you will need to have it tested and replaced if needed or you can just replace it if original since it is past its three year life span

The other thing that may cause the alarm to trigger is on the Jeep's with automatic headlamps the headlight switch fails and will turn on the headlights while the Jeep is parked, the alarm system sees the draw on the battery from the headlights coming on, and trips the alarm system it watches for draw as an indication that someone is attempting to steal the Jeep

Also mis adjusted hood switch or door switches can cause the alarm to trip, your local dealer should be able to hook up their scan tool and go into the alarm system and read from the system the last reason that it went off, and tell you why so you know what the reason was, of course they will likely charge you for this

I hope that this helps you

If you need more information or help just let me know

Thank you

Donny

Donny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: A.S.E. Master Technician, Over 25 years working in Chrysler dealers, Top tech DaimlerChrysler 1998