Fuhrmeister
Fuhrmeister, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 years experience as a mechanic. Everything except A/C systems.
9283220

1999 Lincoln Town Car: blower..work fine..the defroster..Coolant level

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Lincoln Town Car, and get no heat at all.   The blower and auto heat control work fine. Air is automatically deflected from dash outlets to the floor, or to the defroster if selected. Coolant level is normal. Temp gage is normal. Any idea what is wrong?
Category: Car
Expert:  Fuhrmeister replied 6 years ago.

So does it blow heat through the floor vents? Or no heat anywhere in the cab?

Thanks,

Fuhrmeister

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No heat anywhere. Blows air to all places it should, when it should.

The only way to have no heat but all the vents blowing air is a plugged heater core. I would recommend replacing that. Air you sure you felt the input and the output hose? Did you check them before the whole engine compartment was hot from the engine. If it was me i would swap the heater core though. I hope this helps. If this information was helpful please click the accept button.

Thanks,

Fuhrmeister

Fuhrmeister, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 10 years experience as a mechanic. Everything except A/C systems.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The heater core is very difficult to get out in this car. Could it be a vac. operated door is not opening? I think this car has the heater core hot all the time, and blends in hot air as needed. How can I check for this?

Thanks

The heatercore is surrounded be a plastic box with the doors on it like you say. You might be able to access it through the glove box by removing the glove box. Or you will have to go at it from under the passenger side interior. Please click accept and i will continue to try and help you with this issue.

Thanks,

Fuhrmeister

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Your recco to replace the heater core was way off. The problem turned out to be the warm air door will not open. It requires removing most of the dash to get to it. I have an estimate for $1500 which I declicined. I will attempt to access the door actuator from the bottom of the dash. The hoses to the heater core do get hot.

I will acept anyway.
Wow 1500 dollars that seems a little extreme. was that at a dealership?