roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

oil pump failed at 110,000 miles, rebuilt engine..bearings..heads

Customer Question

oil pump failed at 110,000 miles, rebuilt engine, replaced oil pum, rings bearings, reworked heads, and replaced all chains. Smokes rather profusely breifly imediately after starting most times. Smoke smells like fuel rathe than oil. This was happening before oil pump failure. Do you think this is a fuel injectior issue or something how do I trouble shoot this? Thanks, Josh
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
Hello,The first thing to check is to make sure there is no gas in the oil.If you have bad fuel regulator or injectors they will bleed fuel down the intake into oil.The gas is lighter and the oil rings pick it up and make it smoke.Roger
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
is there a simple way to determine which is defective, injector or fuel regulator?
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
Not really.If it was the old style throttle body you can look at that with the air cleaner off and watch to see if it is leaking.Do you see any fuel around intake?Roger
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks Roger, I found a source of reasonably priced injectors, so I think I'll beat a trip to the dealer service dept. even if it takes both to fix the problem. I am presuaded excess gas is the problem.
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
Your welcome.Be sure and check oil for gas.Thanks again.roger