Dan, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  GM ASEP A.A.S. 14 years GM experience. Mark of Excellence and Professional Guild awarded.

How to remove interior door panel and replace the window reg

I have a 2004 gmc yukon denali. I need to replace the rear passenger side window regulator. how do I remove the interior door panel and remove/install the window regulator?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Door Inside Handle Bezel Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Insert a flat-bladed tool between the door handle bezel and the trim panel in order to release the handle bezel tab retainers.
    Object Number: 370110  Size: SH
    Click here for detailed picture of above imageidth=
  2. Remove the door handle bezel from the door panel.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 370110  Size: SH
  1. Position the door handle bezel in the door trim panel.
  2. Install the door handle bezel to the door panel by pressing the bezel into place until the bezel is completely seated.
  3. Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement (Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade)

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the door handle bezel. Refer to Door Inside Handle Bezel Replacement .
    2. Remove the window-regulator handle, if equipped. Refer to Door Window Regulator Handle Replacement .
    3. Remove the manual lock lever from the trim panel using a flat-bladed tool.
      Object Number: 521847  Size: SH
    4. Remove the trim panel screws.
    5. In order to remove the trim panel, slide the trim panel upward and outward in order to release the trim panel tab retainers.
    6. Disconnect the electrical connectors, if necessary.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 521847  Size: SH
    1. Connect the electrical connectors, if necessary.

Ensure that the electrical connectors are routed through the openings.

2. Align the tab retainers with the holes in the door.
    3. Install the trim panel to the door by lowering the trim panel into the tab retainer holes in order to seat the retainers.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

4. Install the 2 trim panel screws.

Tighten
      Tighten the 2 trim panel screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

5. Install the manual lock lever to the trim panel by pressing the lever until the lever is completely seated.
    6. Install the window-regulator handle, as necessary. Refer to Door Window Regulator Handle Replacement .
    7. Install the door handle bezel. Refer to Door Inside Handle Bezel Replacement .
    8. Rear Side Door Water Deflector Replacement (Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade)

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement .
      2. Remove inside door handle. Refer to Door Inside Handle Replacement .
      3. Note location of wiring and remove through deflector.
        Object Number: 581716  Size: SH
      4. Using a flat-bladed tool, separate the bond between the sealer and the door.
      5. Pull the waterproof sealing tape from the deflector.
      6. Remove the water deflector.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 581716  Size: SH
      1. Position the electrical connectors through the water deflector.
      2. Using waterproof tape, install the water deflector to the door.
      3. Install the trim panel to the door. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement .
      4. Radio Rear Side Door Speaker Replacement

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 799001  Size: SH
        1. Remove the door trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement in Doors.
        2. Remove the screws (1) retaining the speaker to the mounting bracket.
        3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the speaker.
        4. Remove the speaker from the mounting bracket.
        5. Remove the bolts (2) retaining the speaker mounting bracket to the door, if required.
        6. Remove the speaker mounting bracket.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 799001  Size: SH
        1. Install the speaker mounting bracket.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

2. Install the bolts (2) retaining the speaker mounting bracket to the door, if removed.

Tighten
          Tighten the bolts to 6 N·m (53 lb in).

3. Install the speaker to the mounting bracket.
        4. Connect the electrical connector to the speaker.
        5. Install the screws (1) that retain the speaker to the mounting bracket.

Tighten
          Tighten the screws to 2 N·m (53 lb in).

6. Install the door trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement in Doors.
        7. Verify the component operation.
        8. Rear Side Door Window Regulator Motor Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Raise the window.

If the window motor is inoperable, remove the window to gain access to the window motor retaining screws. Refer to Rear Side Door Window Replacement .

2. Remove the door trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement .
          3. Remove the water deflector. Refer to Rear Side Door Water Deflector Replacement .
          4. Remove the door speaker. Refer to Radio Rear Side Door Speaker Replacement in Entertainment.
          5. Support the window.
          6. Disconnect the wiring harness from the window regulator motor.
            Object Number: 767040  Size: SH
          7. Remove the 3 bolts from the window motor located on the front side of the motor.

Important: Do not allow the cable gear come out of the housing. A failure will result with the cable coming off the spool.

8. Separate the motor from the cable housing by wiggling the window motor.

Observe the orientation of the window motor.

9. Remove the motor from the window regulator assembly.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 767040  Size: SH
          1. Install the motor to the cable housing by wiggling motor into place.

2. Install the 3 bolts to the window motor.

Tighten
            Tighten the bolts to 5 N·m (44 lb in).

3. Install the window, if removed. Refer to Rear Side Door Window Replacement .
          4. Connect the wiring harness to the window regulator motor.
          5. Remove the window support.
          6. Connect the wire connector to the switch to inspect the operation of the window.
          7. Install the speaker. Refer to Radio Rear Side Door Speaker Replacement in Entertainment.
          8. Install the water deflector. Refer to Rear Side Door Water Deflector Replacement .
          9. Install the door trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement .
Dan, Auto Service Technician
Experience: GM ASEP A.A.S. 14 years GM experience. Mark of Excellence and Professional Guild awarded.