RMillerPhD
RMillerPhD, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year of import auto repair, Owned and operated a Repair shop and Automotive Machine Shop
9205943

Replacing timing belt on 88 mazda B2200, cant get pulley off crank.

replacing timing belt on 88 mazda B2200, can''t get pulley off crank.

You have many options with today’s internet so Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com.

You need to use a crankshaft pulley puller after you have removed the center hold down bolt. Many auto parts stores will let you borrow the puller with a deposit.

Two types. one uses bolts the other one grip on the outside of pulleys. USE the one that uses bolts or you might damage the pulley.

If you are having problems getting the center bolt out use an impact wrench.

If you don't have an impact wrench, you can use a breaker bar and a chain wrench to hold the pulley.

I have provided some instructions which may be helpful

The instruction don't help with the pulley but other later repairs.
Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX, Ph.D.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.