Shawn G
Shawn G, Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified,10 Years Experience, Pa state and Emission Lic. Honda and Kia dealer exp.

2004 Kia Amanti: the rear 3 spark plugs..radiator..intake manifold

How do I replace the rear 3 spark plugs on a 2004 Kia Amanti. I''ve changed the 3 on the radiator end of the engine but I can not even see the other plugs. Do I have to remove the intake manifold to get to the other three.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shawn G replied 8 years ago.

Yes The intake has to be removed.This isn't a real complicated task.

• Remove the engine cover.Disconnect the battery terminal
    1. Disconnect the air flow sensor connector and the vacuum hose from the air intake hose.
    2. Remove the air cleaner assembly after removing the air intake hose clamp and fixing bolt (3ea).
    3. Disconnect the throttle position sensor connector, the ETS(Electronic throttle system) motor connector, the limp-home connector and the purge solenoid valve connector.
  • 4. Remove the intake bolts in th front of the intake.(there are a few bolts holding brakets on the back) It should come loose after that I hope this helps!

Thanks for using